And the LORD said to Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua…
1. Jehovah's victories over His Church's enemies He giveth in charge to be recorded.
2. Writing and tradition are both God's ways of recording His works for future ages.
3. God's book is the best record of His mighty works done for His Church.
4. A memorial would God have kept by the records of God's works to men.
5. God hath irreconcilable displeasure against some enemies above the rest.
6. Blotting out of the names of such enemies will God make, who would blot out the name of His Church.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.