And Moses went out to meet his father in law, and did obeisance, and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare…
1. It is not unbeseeming the highest places or persons in kingdom or Church of Christ to give due respect to relations.
2. Grace doth not unteach men manners and civil carriage respectively unto men.
3. Natural affection and expressions of it to friends beseemeth God's servants.
4. It is a natural duty for relations to inquire of and wish each other's peace.
5. Conduct to a tent for rest is suitable for travellers that visit their relations (ver. 7).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Moses went out to meet his father in law, and did obeisance, and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare; and they came into the tent.