Now therefore, if you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure to me above all people…
1. In covenant-making or lawgiving from God there is need of some mediator to be with God.
2. God's call alone can qualify or authorize a mediator between Him and sinners.
3. It is incumbent on the mediator to declare fully God's mind unto His people.
4. A due recognition of God's gracious acts for souls against enemies is a good preparation to receive His law.
5. God's securing providence as well as selecting a people to Himself prepare them to hear His covenant (ver. 4).
6. God's covenanted people are His peculiar treasure in the world.
7. It is God's free grace who owneth all nations on earth to make one His peculiar above another (ver. 5).
8. Royalty, near communion with God, and sanctity are the privileges of God's peculiar ones. Kings, priests, and saints.
9. The words of duty and privilege must be spoken and made known unto the Church (ver. 6).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: