And the LORD said to Moses, Go to the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,…
1. The Mediator willingly cometh from God to impart His will to His people.
2. The true Mediator is as ready to sanctify His people as God would have Him.
3. Souls must follow their Mediator's command for sanctification (ver. 14).
4. It is the Mediator's care to prepare a people for God at His time, to whom He is sent.
5. Lawful enjoyments in the flesh sometimes must be denied for better attendance on God.
6. Great is the fitness required in souls for receiving rightly the law from God (ver. 15).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,