And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.…
1. God's saints delay not to follow God's Providence, opening a way to them from the place of trial.
2. God knoweth how to deliver His fully, that nothing of theirs shall be wanting (ver. 2).
3. Weight of riches in the world is sometimes God's portion given to His.
4. Not possession of wealth, but inordinate affection and abuse of it, is the sin (ver. 2).
5. Riches cannot hinder believers from going after God where He calleth them.
6. Saints breathe after their first communion with God, after distractions from it (ver. 3).
7. No place contents a gracious heart but where God may be enjoyed.
8. The name of the Lord is that which draweth the hearts of saints from all enjoyments, to delight in it, publish it, and call upon it (ver. 4).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.