And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.…
1. Gracious hearts hasten to quench any flame of contention rising in the Church.
2. Grace will make the greater move to the less for avoiding strife among saints.
3. Grace will make men beg for peace and to abolish strife in the Churches.
4. Gracious masters are solicitous to avoid contentions raised by ungracious servants.
5. Grace will put masters upon healing their servants faults. So Abram.
6. Strife is unseemly between brethren in the flesh, in religion and condition (ver. 8).
7. Grace is willing to part with its own, and all too, in some cases, to brethren.
8. Grace will make God's servants part in place, to keep one in affection.
9. Grace is self-denying to remove strife from the family of God.
10. Grace is content with anything below, so it may honour God, and keep peace with the saints (ver. 9).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Lot also, which went with Abram, had flocks, and herds, and tents.