And the LORD said to Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now your eyes…
1. Double demonstrations of mercies, and double promises, will God give for the support of the faith of His servants.
2. God enjoins experience sometimes for the help of faith in His promises.
3. God would have His saints reach the utmost dimensions of His promises (Ephesians 3:19).
4. God showeth good things to His people which He purposeth to bestow on their succeeding generations.
5. God's promise to the head is performed in the seed.
6. Free promise should provoke souls to get experience of the good things to come.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: