And the men said to Lot, Have you here any besides? son in law, and your sons, and your daughters, and whatever you have in the city…
1. While God blinds the wicked, He maketh way for His servants to escape.
2. Sweet is the providence, and solicitous is the care of God by His angel over His saints to save them.
3. Sons and daughters fare the better with God for being related to holy parents.
4. God calleth His, and all that are near and dear to Him, out of the place upon which vengeance is determined (Revelation 18:4).
5. Approaching vengeance discovered should make saints quit themselves from among the wicked (ver. 12).
6. When the cry of sins groweth great against God's face, it is time for saints to haste from thence.
7. Jehovah commissions destroyers to blot out the wicked in the earth. 8, Good angels are sometimes commissioned to destroy the wicked as well as to save the righteous.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place: