And Abraham got up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD:…
1. Praying souls are early up to observe God's answer to their desires (Psalm 5:3).
2. Where souls have once met with God, well may they hasten to hear return of prayer from Him there again (ver. 27).
3. Saints under God's indulgence may be solicitous about the state of the wicked to look after them.
4. The righteous see sometimes vengeance executed upon the ungodly, notwithstanding all mediation made with God for them.
5. Where the smoke of sin hath offended God's eyes, the smoke of vengeance shall arise there.
6. In the midst of pouring out fury on the wicked, God is mindful of the mediation of His saints.
7. One righteous soul may fare the better for the intercession of another. Lot for Abraham.
8. Righteous souls may put themselves in danger of destruction by sitting down among the wicked.
9. The righteous God in His execution spareth, and destroyeth not the righteous with the wicked.
10. Some spectacles of mercy God hath made in snatching them from the midst of His overthrow, as brands out of the burning, as well as He hath made others examples of His vengeance (ver. 29).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD: