And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand…
1. Faithfulness in making vows will be diligent in the performing them.
2. Prudence will teach men to suit provisions unto undertakings (ver 10).
3. Providence makes stops to creatures where it hath more to discover to them.
4. It is better staying in the field by a little water with God, than to go into cities without Him.
5. Rest for man and beast is but reasonable after labour and travel.
6. Honest labours become the greatest ladies even in household affairs; it was an honour among the saints of old (ver. 11).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.