Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.…
1. Piety as well a nature teacheth men to dispose of their estates which God hath given them unto their seed.
2. Abraham may not, will not alter the portion of the child of promise which God ordained. The best portion is for the children of promise. They have all (ver. 5).
3. Some portion below, the children of the flesh do carry away as theirs.
4. It is wisdom for good fathers to settle their families, while they are alive and stirring.
5. Some difference between the portion of the children of the flesh and of the promise God makes here below.
6. Transplantation into places not inhabited, to people, is a design allowed by God (ver. 6).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.