And Isaac departed there, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelled there.…
1. God sojourners voluntarily translate themselves from such places where enemies under Providence do afflict them.
2. Wherever saints come as sojourners, they must labour under Providence to get necessary supports.
3. Where some wells of comfort are denied by enemies, saints may seek to find out others.
4. Wells of strife and hatred among men may be turned into wells of enlargement and ease by God to His people.
5. God's mercies are fit to be named, published, and recorded among His saints.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Isaac departed thence, and pitched his tent in the valley of Gerar, and dwelt there.