The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.…
1. Apostasy from God and pollution of worship, is the corruption of men.
2. Such corruption in God's face is high provocation.
3. Violent injury to man accompanieth apostasy from God.
4. Fulness of such iniquity makes a world ripe for judgment (ver. 11).
5. God must see and mark iniquity done in His face.
6. God layeth open all corruption of men, which He seeth.
7. Man is a self-corrupter; he pollutes his own way.
8. The habitation of sinners aggravates their corruption (ver. 12).
9. God revealeth His wrath before He strikes.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.