Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelled in the land of Midian…
1. Criminations of God's servants are soon carried to the ears of persecutors.
2. Persecutor's ears are open to receive all reports against God's people.
3. Fame of any evil against God's servants stirs up violent men to pursue them.
4. The death of God's instruments for His Church's good is the aim of bloody enemies.
5. God provides Midian to save what Egypt would destroy.
6. God is pleased to change court enjoyments for a poor well, to refresh His weary saints (ver. 15).
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.