And Noah began to be an farmer, and he planted a vineyard:…
1. Piety in children hastens to cover that which impiety discloseth to reproach.
2. Some gracious seed is vouchsafed to the saints for their comfort, as wicked for their grief.
3. Piety to parents will use lawful means to cover their shame.
4. Piety turns its back to the discovery of parents' evils, as unnatural.
5. It is piety in children to cover the infirmities or nakedness of parents. Yet this is no rule for all to hide wilful sinners.
6. Piety turns the face away, and would not willingly see the shame of parents. A sweet pattern.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: