Now the LORD had said to Abram, Get you out of your country, and from your kindred, and from your father's house…
I. ABRAM'S GENEALOGICAL CONNECTION.
1. He was of Shemitic stock.
2. The Shemitic stock was the theocratic line.
II. ABRAM'S CALL.
1. This call was peremptory.
2. This call was gracious.
III. ABRAM'S OBEDIENCE.
(1) Hesitation destroys the virtue of obedience.
(2) Promptness is the glory of true obedience.
IV. ABRAM'S RELIGIOUS PRIVILEGES AND CHARACTERISTICS.
1. He was honoured with personal visitations from Jehovah.
2. His faith in the Divine promise was reassured.
3. His piety was real, habitual, and practical.Lessons:
1. The characteristic of God as exemplified in the call of Abraham. Graciousness.
2. The essential condition of realizing the fulness of Divine blessing. Obedience.
3. The universal characteristic of true believers. Worship.
(D. C. Hughes, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: