Come now therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh, that you may bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.
I. THE MANNER OF THE CALL.
1. Remarkable for its suddenness.
2. Remarkable for its mysteriousness.
3. Remarkable for its manifestation of God.
(1) His holiness.
(2) His faithfulness.
II. THE REASON OF THE CALL.
1. The severity of the affliction of God's people.
2. The cry of God's people, which had come up into the ears of God.
III. THE PURPOSE OF THE CALL.
1. The deliverance of His people from the task-master.
2. The fulfilment of the Divine covenant with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
IV. THE ENCOURAGEMENT TO OBEY THE CALL. The personal presence of God.
V. THE NAME OF HIM WHO ISSUED THE CALL.
1. The revelation of this name was called out by a significant question of Moses.
2. The significance of the name.
(1) It represents the personality, eternity, and supremacy of God.
(2) It represents an authority and sovereignty that even Pharaoh cannot gainsay.Lessons:
1. We learn God's deep and practical interest in His people.
2. We learn that God is a hearer and an answerer of prayer.
3. We learn God's wisdom in calling His servants.
4. We learn the all-sufficiency of the Divine encouragement, to every worker.
(D. C. Hughes, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.