Speak to the children of Israel, saying…
I. THE TIME AND MANNER OF ITS OBSERVANCE.
1. The time (ver. 34). Five days after the Day of Atonement.
2. The manner (vers. 35, 36, 40-43).
(1) The duty and privilege of assembling for Divine worship.
(2) The duty and privilege of being joyous in our recognition of God's care.
II. ITS TYPICAL MEANING.
1. The reality of deliverance from sin.
2. The joy of deliverance from sin.
3. The assurance of God's care over all whom He delivers from sin.Lessons:
1. The value of memorial days,
2. The duty of gratitude.
3. The eternal blessedness of the feast of tabernacles awaiting God's children in the land of final deliverance.
(D. C. Hughes, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD.