Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
I. THE VALUABLE COMMODITY REQUISITE FOR HUMAN LIFE. Truth is that commodity which feeds the moral life.
1. It is of universal comprehension.
2. It is of common necessity and fitness.
3. It is a thing of common end in life.
4. It is the crown and complement of life.
II. THE COMMERCE OF TRUTH.
1. One compartment in the market of truth is acquaintance and fair dealing with ourselves.
2. Communion with the Father of our spirit.
3. Study of the works and words of God.
4. Acquaintance with humanity.
5. Christian means and provision.Truth is cheap at any cost. One condition in the pursuit of truth is a high and holy motive. Another is right use of our powers and opportunities. A third is seeking and following the best. A fourth is submission to the Divine will. Another is perseverance; and another faith.
III. THE CONSERVATIVE DUTY. It is easy in the sale, but difficult to buy. Nothing can compensate for its absence. The sale of truth always means an unjust bargain.
Parallel VersesKJV: Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.