And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things said the Son of God, who has his eyes like to a flame of fire…
I. THE MAJESTY AND JUDICIAL ASPECTS OF ITS DIVINE AUTHOR.
1. His majesty — "Son of God."
(1) Our Lord's resurrection; its grand and unanswerable demonstration (Romans 1:4).
(2) The title proof of His glory and Divinity (Hebrews 1:2-8).
2. His judicial aspects.
(1) Nothing can escape His piercing glance.
(2) No one can escape His resistless power.
II. HIS LOVING RECOGNITION OF EVERY COMMENDABLE QUALITY (ver. 19).
III. HIS HOLY ABHORRENCE OF THE EVILS PERMITTED IN THE CHURCH (ver. 20).
IV. HIS LOVING FORBEARANCE OF THIS WICKED PARTY (ver. 21).
V. THE TERRIBLE DOOM THAT AWAITS THIS PARTY UNLESS THEY REPENT (vers. 22, 23).
VI. OUR LORD'S INSPIRING WORDS TO THE FAITHFUL (ver. 24).
1. The importance of not giving heed to false doctrine.
2. The connection between false doctrine and the knowing "the depths of Satan."
VII. THE IMPORTANCE OF FIRMLY HOLDING THE TRUTH AND GRACE OF CHRIST (ver. 25).
VIII. THE BLESSED REWARD OF CHRISTIAN HEROISM (vers. 26-28).
IX. OUR LORD'S EARNEST EXHORTATION TO THE CHURCHES (ver. 29).
(D. C. Hughes, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;