And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.
1. Worship of God in faith, humility, and integrity is the fittest way of expressing thanks to him.
2. God's revelation of grace in providences and ordinances deserve praise from His people.
3. Worship of God and obedience to Him are well coupled (ver. 27).
4. Dispatch in obedience is very requisite in God's Israel.
5. Sons of Israel are fit to give worship and obedience, and Jehovah only to receive it.
6. Obedience and worship must be regulated by God's Word only.
7. As God gives to ministers, so the Church must receive, and do exactly.
(G. Hughes, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.