Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.…
I. THE NATURE OF THE CHRISTIAN PROFESSION.
1. A cordial assent to the whole of Scripture truth, and especially the testimony which God has given of His Son Christ Jesus.
2. A profession of practical conformity to the whole of God's revealed will.
3. The hope of eternal life and glory in heaven.
II. WHAT IS IMPLIED IN HOLDING FAST OUR PROFESSION?
1. That we actually have this profession.
2. A just sense of its high value.
3. That we may be tempted to forsake it.
4. That we are called to the regular, uniform, constant exercise of it.
5. Perseverance to the end.
III. THE MOTIVES TO THIS DUTY.
1. The person and character of Him who is its object.
2. Christ's office and relation to us.
3. The security afforded against our own weakness, and the malice of spiritual foes.
Parallel VersesKJV: Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.