And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables, and said,…
Doctrine — the gospel is a large feast, stored with all kinds of spiritual provision in it. Consider —
1. Wherein the resemblance of the gospel to a feast appears.
2. In what respect it is a large feast.
3. What things we have need of against this feast.
4. What is the bill of fare?
5. What excellent properties there are in the provisions of the great supper.
6. What suitableness from God appears in them to the case of man.
7. Why it is a feast with all things in it.
8. What hindrances do make it to many ineffectual.
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,