The foolishness of man perverts his way: and his heart frets against the LORD.
I. ILLUSTRATE THE PROVERB.
1. As regards health.
2. As regards worldly substance.
3. As regards the vexations of domestic life.
4. From the state of the mind.
5. From the world in which we reside.
II. INSTRUCTIONS DERIVABLE FROM THE PROVERB.
1. It instructs us with regard to sin.
2. It shows the inefficacy of mere suffering to bring a man to a proper state of thinking and feeling.
3. The disposition of the mind under sanctified affliction.
4. The reality of a moral providence.
5. Learn to look to God for His grace and guidance.
Parallel VersesKJV: The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.