He that gathers in summer is a wise son: but he that sleeps in harvest is a son that causes shame.
I. GOD AFFORDS YOU OPPORTUNITIES FOR GOOD. He favours you with seasons which may be considered as your harvest.
1. You are blessed with a season of gospel grace.
2. You have a season of civil and religious liberty.
3. Some are living in a religious family, where they have the benefit of instruction, prayer, and example.
4. Some have seasons of disciplinary trouble.
5. Some have seasons of conviction.
6. All have the susceptible time of youth.
II. THE NECESSITY OF DILIGENCE TO IMPROVE YOUR REAPING SEASON.
1. Consider how much you have to accomplish.
2. Consider the worth of the blessings that demand your attention.
3. Remember that your labour will not be in vain in the Lord.
4. Your season for action is limited and short.
5. Reflect upon the consequences of negligence.Having made no provision for futurity — for eternity — your ruin is unavoidable. A strict account will be required of all your talents and opportunities.
Parallel VersesKJV: He that gathereth in summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame.