And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold…
I. IT WAS NOTED FOR PUNCTUALITY.
1. A sense of the importance of the service. Men generally careful to secure a front seat at theatre, entertainment, banquet. Religion paramount.
2. It secures the whole of the service.
3. It is helpful to the preacher.
4. It makes the service enjoyable.
II. IT WAS NOTED FOR REVERENCE.
1. Conscious of the Divine superintendence.
2. Regard for the Divine dignity.
3. Awe of the Divine purity.
4. Engagement in Divine service.
III. IT WAS NOTED FOR ATTENTION.
1. Unprejudiced attention.
2. Docile attention.
3. Practical attention.
4. Successful attention. They believed and obeyed.
(B. D. Johns.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,