After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am your shield…
I. CONSIDER THE DOCTRINE OF THE TEXT.
1. God is the defence of His people. He shields them from danger —
(1) By His providence.
(2) By His grace.
2. God is the portion of His people. He gives them Himself.
II. CONSIDER THE INFERENCES DEDUCIBLE FROM THE TEXT.
1. Fear not the enemies which surround you.
2. Fear not the dangers which threaten you.
3. Fear not the toils you may have to undergo.
4. Fear not the sacrifices you may have to make. Let fear be replaced by a confidence coming from God.
Parallel VersesKJV: After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.