And Jacob their father said to them, Me have you bereaved of my children: Joseph is not, and Simeon is not…
I. THE CAUSES WHICH LED TO THEM.
1. The strange perplexity into which his sons had been brought.
2. The opening again of an old wound (ver. 32).
3. The loss of all earthly hope.
II. THE WEAKNESSES IN JACOB'S CHARACTER WHICH THEY REVEL.
1. Querulousness and despondency.
2. Want of strong faith in God.
(T. H. Leale.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Jacob their father said unto them, Me have ye bereaved of my children: Joseph is not, and Simeon is not, and ye will take Benjamin away: all these things are against me.