After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.…
I. THE UNSUCCESSFULNESS OF OUR SAVIOUR'S MINISTRY.
1. The causes of our unsuccessful ministry.
(1) Ignorance of Scripture truths.
(2) Lack of effective expression.
(3) Want of harmony between the minister's private life and public teaching.
(4) Absence of a prayerful spirit.
2. These causes did not operate in the case of Christ. He knew the Scriptures, spake as never man spake, was blameless, and went about doing good, and was mighty in prayer. Still, His brethren did not believe in Him.
3. The lessons which the Saviour's unsuccessful ministry suggest.
(1) That a man should not always be held responsible for the unreligiousness of his family.
(2) A true ministry may be unsuccessful when the greatest success may be expected.
(3) Success is no proof of the true value of a ministry.
II. INFIDELITY EXISTING IN THE MOST FAVOURABLE CIRCUMSTANCES TO BELIEF. This must be because of —
2. Intellectual pride.
3. Hardness of heart.
Parallel VersesKJV: After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.