And Pharaoh called to Moses, and said, Go you, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed…
God's will is that we should be completely set free. This will be accomplished. Repeated conflicts first.
I. THE TRUTH SUGGESTED THAT OUR DELIVERANCE WILL BE COMPLETE.
1. Our natures will be entirely freed from the thraldom of sin. Every power of body, mind, and soul will ultimately escape from the dominion of evil.
2. Our families shall be saved.
3. The whole Church shall be saved.
II. THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT MAY BE DERIVED FROM THIS TRUTH. We need encouragement. The bondage is often bitter, and hope fails. The enslavers powerful and the chains strong. But a deliverance, complete, triumphant, and eternal, is sure. This ought to lead us —
1. To live in the expectation of perfect freedom from all evil.
2. To continue to strive, believe, and pray for it.
3. To pray and labour zealously for the salvation of our families.
4. To sympathize with and aid the weak and lowly in the Church.
(W. O. Lilley.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And Pharaoh called unto Moses, and said, Go ye, serve the LORD; only let your flocks and your herds be stayed: let your little ones also go with you.