I said, I shall not see the LORD, even the LORD, in the land of the living…
I. HEZEKIAH'S DISTRESS AT THE THOUGHT OF NOT SEEING GOD. This manifested —
1. True affection towards God.
2. Fervent desires for the revelation of God's glory.
3. Spiritual power to apprehend God.
II. HEZEKIAH'S DISAPPOINTMENT AT THE THOUGHT OF NOT SEEING GOD ON EARTH. He would see Him —
1. In deliverances wrought out for His people.
2. In Divine manifestations in the temple.
3. In Divine benediction upon himself and nation. Happy they who desire to see God. He may be seen in this land of death. In the true land of the living men ever behold Him face to face.
(W. O. Lilley.)
Parallel VersesKJV: I said, I shall not see the LORD, even the LORD, in the land of the living: I shall behold man no more with the inhabitants of the world.