But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.…
I. WHOM IT STRIKES.
1. Necessarily every one, without exception, who changes the blessing of the gospel into mischief, and so out of good prepares for himself death.
2. Those also who have deep insight, or other high qualifications for serving the kingdom of God, and yet do nut preach it purely.
3. Even an angel himself, if he could preach another gospel.
II. WHY MUST IT BE UTTERED.
1. He who preaches the gospel must have a will to serve, not men, but God.
2. Through a false gospel men may indeed be attracted, but God views it as blasphemy.
3. Therefore he is placed under the curse, who will serve the gospel, and yet doing so as a man-pleaser, is found an unfruitful servant of Christ.
Parallel VersesKJV: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.