1 Corinthians 15:50-54
Now this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither does corruption inherit incorruption.…
1. Implies dissolution.
2. Is on earth a natural law.
3. Overtakes man in consequence of sin.
4. Includes decay, disease, death, decomposition.
1. Implies immortality.
2. Is the distinguishing feature of the heavenly world.
3. Results from the immediate presence and power of God.
4. Secures purity, happiness, immortal vigour, eternal life.
III. THE INCOMPATIBILITY OF THE TWO.
1. Is obvious.
2. Hence the absolute necessity of a change not only in man's moral but physical condition.
3. To be effected in the resurrection.
4. That man may inherit eternal life.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.