1 Corinthians 15:53-57
For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.…
I. AS AN ENEMY. Because it —
1. Interferes with human happiness.
2. Divides us from our friends, etc.
3. Separates soul and body.
II. AS AN ENEMY THAT MUST BE FOUGHT.
1. All must die.
2. The struggle is often bitter and painful.
3. Must be maintained by faith, etc.
III. AS AN ENEMY THAT SHALL RE UTTERLY DESTROYED.
1. In the resurrection to eternal life.
2. By Jesus Christ.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.