1 Corinthians 15:33
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
I. GOOD MANNERS ARE SUPPOSED as the result of —
1. Early training.
2. Religious influence.
II. MAY BE CORRUPTED.
1. The tendency of the heart is evil.
2. The world is wicked.
3. The influence of its example pernicious.
4. There needs decision and watchfulness.
III. WILL CERTAINLY BE CORRUPTED BY EVIL COMMUNICATIONS.
1. The choice of bad company shows the inclination to evil.
2. Such company is insinuating.
3. Insensibly lowers the tone of morality.
4. Destroys shame.
5. Hardens the heart.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.