1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man…
I. MAN IN THE INFANCY OF HIS BEING.
1. His speech imperfect, childish.
2. His understanding weak, limited, easily deceived.
3. His thought and reasoning, trifling, foolish, erring.
II. MAN IN THE COURSE OF DEVELOPMENT.
1. Under instruction and discipline.
2. Accumulating experience.
3. Looking forward in hope,
III. MAN IN HIS MATURITY.
1. Fully developed in heaven.
2. Bids farewell to the toys of earth.
3. Has clearer perceptions, grander views, nobler objects.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.