1 Corinthians 15:42-45
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:…
I. THE BODY WILL BE A FIT ORGAN FOR THE SPIRIT.
1. A new body, incorruptible, glorious, vigorous, spiritual.
2. Yet substantially the same that was sown in the grave, therefore glorified by the power of God as the organ of the redeemed spirit.
II. THE SPIRIT WILL BE DEVELOPED IN ITS FULL PERFECTION.
1. Freed from ignorance and sin, from the control of the body, from the capability of suffering.
2. Yet retaining its peculiar properties.
(1) Knowledge, which must then be perfected in sight.
(2) Will, that shall then be clothed with power.
(3) Sensibility, that will be filled with enjoyment.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: