1 Corinthians 7:29-31
But this I say, brothers, the time is short: it remains, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;…
I. WHAT IT IMPLIES.
1. That our affections are subordinated to the love of God.
2. That our sorrow does not interrupt our joy in Him.
3. That our earthly joy is controlled by a consciousness of His presence.
4. That our transactions are governed by His will.
5. That our use of the world is regulated by His law.
II. HOW IT IS TO BE ATTAINED. By remembering —
1. That the world is evanescent.
2. That it is not the end of our existence.
3. That it must be used for the glory of God.
4. That it will soon come to an end, when every man will have to give an account before the judgment seat of Christ.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;