1 Corinthians 15:45-50
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.…
I. ADAM WAS MADE A LIVING SOUL.
1. Endued with natural life.
2. His body possessed no inherent immortality.
3. Its perpetuated life depended upon obedience and his access to the tree of life.
4. Consequently he could not in any case confer immortality upon his descendants.
II. CHRIST WAS MADE A QUICKENING SPIRIT.
1. Possessed life in Himself, hence His resurrection.
2. Communicates it to all who believe in Him.
3. Hence also He will raise them up in the last day.
(J. .Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.