1 Corinthians 14:8-9
For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?…
I. WHAT IT IMPLIES.
1. Not vulgarity.
2. But a plain statement of the truth in easy words.
II. ITS NECESSITY.
1. Many are very ignorant.
2. Some will not take the trouble to understand what costs them effort.
3. All are more accessible to plain truth.
4. God will have all the glory.
III. ITS IMPORTANCE.
1. Souls imperilled.
2. The preacher incurs a tremendous responsibility.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?