Why God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
I. ITS OCCASION.
1. His voluntary humiliation.
2. His Divine investiture.
II. ITS IMPORT.
1. The glorification of humanity.
2. Investment with supreme sovereignty.
III. ITS OBJECT.
1. The subordination of every creature.
2. To the human Mediator.
IV. ITS ULTIMATE ISSUE.
1. The subjection of every foe.
2. The universal acknowledgment of Christ.
3. The full revelation of the glory of God.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: