1 Corinthians 15:36-40
You fool, that which you sow is not quickened, except it die:…
I. ALL FLESH IS NOT THE SAME FLESH.
1. Man differs from a beast in the very constitution of his flesh, blood, nervous system — as also other genera of animal life.
2. Modification is possible, but change is a pure assumption unsustained by facts, and contradicted by revelation.
II. MUCH LESS IS ALL SPIRIT THE SAME SPIRIT.
1. The spirit of the beast goeth downward.
2. The spirit of man returns to God.
III. THE FOLLY OF SUCH ASSUMPTIONS IS MANIFEST — they contradict.
3. Eternal and infallible truth.
4. And incur a terrible responsibility.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die: