Him that is weak in the faith receive you, but not to doubtful disputations.…
I. HOW IT IS IMPERILLED.
1. By forcing our own opinions on others.
2. By overestimating our own practice.
II. HOW IT MAY BE PROMOTED.
1. By forbearance (ver. 3).
2. By humility (ver. 4).
3. By aiming at personal conviction (ver. 5).
4. By keeping in view the glory of God (ver. 6).
III. WHEREON IT RESTS.
1. The common assurance that we serve one Lord.
2. That we are all redeemed by Him.
IV. WHAT IT REQUIRES.
1. That we avoid all unbrotherly conduct.
2. That we all submit to God.
3. That we remember our final account.
(J. Lyth, D.D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.