1 Corinthians 14:34-35
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted to them to speak…
I. HER SPHERE.
1. Not in public, but at home.
2. Not (except in extraordinary cases, 1 Corinthians 11:5) to teach, but to learn.
3. Not to command, but obey.
II. HER OBLIGATION TO KEEP WITHIN IT.
1. Arises out of her natural position.
2. Is confirmed by the command of God.
3. Should be dictated by modesty.
(J. Lyth, D. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.