Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous…
1. From the clearness of his views. Wise unto salvation.
2. From the strength of his faith.
3. From the firmness of his trust. Assurance that a mansion is prepared for him, and that a merciful Saviour will welcome him to glory and immortality.
4. From the slightness of the hold which this world has on him.
5. From the familiarity with which the consistent follower of the Lord regards a state of future existence.
(W. H. Marriott.)
Parallel VersesKJV: Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his!