However, I sent to you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh…
I. WHAT SIN ITSELF IS.
II. GOD HATES IT.
1. Because it is contrary to His own nature.
2. Because it is unnatural in His creatures.
3. Because it transgresses holy, just, and good laws.
4. Because it defiles and injures the entire human nature. It brings a withering curse upon every stage of life, and upon every development of life, and upon every phase of life, and upon every department of life.
5. Because it makes men curses to each other.
6. Because it ignores or it rejects the Divine government.
7. Because wherever sin exists, except as it is checked by God's mercy, it has the dominion.
8. Because wherever it is introduced, it spreads.
9. Sin requires God to inflict upon men of every class and kind, that which He assures us, upon His oath, He has no pleasure in.
10. Their continuing in sin tramples under foot the blood of Jesus.
Parallel VersesKJV: Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate.