1 Corinthians 7:31
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passes away.
I. PAUL'S PRESENT OBSERVATION ABOUT THIS WORLD. That its "fashion" "passeth away." It passes away —
1. Before our eyes.
2. To our hearts.
II. THE USE WHICH PAUL MAKES OF THIS FACT. That they that use this world should use it as not abusing it.
1. The world is abused when we suffer it —
(1) To supplant in our hearts its Creator;
(2) To banish other worlds from the sphere of our attraction;
(3) To overcome us;
(4) To make us carry the lawful use of it to excess.
2. The world should be used with —
(1) A pilgrim's;
(2) A godly;
(3) A free and independent;
(4) A generous and holy spirit.
Parallel VersesKJV: And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.