After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.…
The world never ready for Christ's salvation, but always ready for its own secular pleasures and profit.
I. The ABSORBING EXCELLENCE of Christ's salvation.
1. We fail to properly esteem it.
2. Or, confessing its excellence, we are too indolent to give it the preference over our other pursuits. Other things take our time and energy.
3. Or, proposing to pursue it, we do not make it our sovereign pleasure.
(1) This is because of our vitiated taste.
(2) We do not acquire the liking for religious duties by sufficient practice of them.
(3) Or, if we give them time, we do not give to them more than half our hearts.
II. HELPFUL RULES.
1. Study the reasons for Christian life until you have a strong conviction regarding them.
2. In all doubt, be reminded that Christian life alone has a hope set before it. Let this determine the scale.
Parallel VersesKJV: After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.