But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed.…
I. ITS ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES.
1. It would carry a weight and conviction which no human ministry can impart.
(1) then our probation would be at an end, for there would be no choice between believing and disbelieving.
(2) We should lose the equality and sympathy between preacher and hearer based on a common nature and experience.
II. ITS CRITERION. Supposing such to be possible, how are we to test its truth?
1. Not by the rank, genius, and holiness of the preacher.
2. But by comparing it with revealed truth.
(H. Melvill, B. D.)
Parallel VersesKJV: But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.