And after six days Jesus takes Peter, James, and John his brother, and brings them up into an high mountain apart,…
I. THE CIRCUMSTANCES AND MANNER OF IT.
II. ITS CHIEF DESIGN.
1. The inauguration of Christ as the Lord's anointed.
2. A direct confirmation of former dispensations.
3. The law in the fulness of the time to be clone away .... they saw no man save Jesus only."
III. A FEW SUBSIDIARY MORAL USES.
1. It assured the disciples in sensuous manner that Jesus was the Son of God.
2. The immortality of the soul.
3. An evidence of the nature of our glorified humanity, and of our mutual recognition in the world to come.
4. Christ is one with us in earthly shame and heavenly glory.
(D. Moore, M. A.)
Parallel VersesKJV: And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,